Saturday, August 22, 2009

the week ahead

One more week until school starts! Again, I cannot wait. I've been playing around with the school's internal Web access and playing with my class rosters and seeing who are teaching my former students. So in the next week or so, I need to accomplish several things. Overall, I'm going to continue and finish committing my thoughts to paper just to finish the project, which is what it has now become. I still get bouts of melancholy, but when my emotions are not sadness and disappointment and regret, it is resentment and anger and sometimes embarrassment. UGH. This is so unlike me.

Anywho. Tomorrow is the start of a NEW WEEK!

Sunday:
* Go to cafe/coffeeshop/bookstore and read one of two summer reading books. Maybe I should start with the one I never finished reading last summer ... ever ... because it was just so bad.
* gym. Yes. The return to the gym after a week-long absence

Monday:
* Read the other summer reading book
* spinning at 6:45 p.m.

Tuesday:
* Go to school and clean and organize my desk. Everything's shifted from summer cleaning.
* possibly write the parent letter, possibly create a review sheet for summer reading books, now that I have read both of them
* gym

Wednesday:
* Go to cafe/coffeehouse/bookstore and read about India. I mean, I bought those books for a reason. Perhaps I will go crazy and take notes on the book. gasp.
* possibly dominating at trivia with Whitney
* haircut at 5:15 p.m.! it's about time. :D
* gym

Thursday:
* Continue reading about India. Maybe I'll live dangerously and move on to Hinduism.
* gym

Friday:
* no idea, but no gym.

Saturday:
* no idea, but last Saturday before the start of school, so definitely something good. :)

Sunday:
* might go have brunch, relax, enjoy the last day of summer like I actually never did. Again, summer is the worst season.
* pick out clothes casual-yet-professional teacher clothes to wear for the first day. No kids on Monday, so no need to bust out the super-professional-super-intimidating teacher look, but still ... and shoes. select shoes to match awesome outfit.
* set alarm clocks for 5:15 a.m., 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
* swallow two Benadryls, take a sip of wine, sleep.

At some point during the week, I'll be meeting with Scott, my new English partner to talk about the year. We need to create a united front and know each other's classroom policies and whatnot. I am most interested in knowing how he teaches writing because it's such a big part of the curriculum.

No comments: