Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the countdown

Six more days until a new class of kids enter my classroom! Five more days until teachers return to school!

Today! Not as productive as yesterday, but pretty darn close.

First thing, woke up maybe a little too early so I can make it to my lip/brow waxing appointment. Definitely should've scheduled it for later in the day, though, because I was pretty much zonked out most of the afternoon. Like Christina said, I don't do "nothing" well. I need to be busy all the time.

Finally, around 6 p.m. or so, I decided I cannot just lounge in front of the TV all day or check the news/Facebook/Twitter all day ... and went to Panera with my laptop and book on Indian history. Surprisingly, I got SOME stuff done and read about ... four pages of Indian history. The book was a little denser than I thought it would be. I'm surprised that some of my students actually cited that book for their capstone paper last year. Bravo!

An unexpected e-mail tonight.

And (finally) getting a much-needed haircut tomorrow! I don't think I've had a cut since Thanksgiving (time, money), so I'm definitely overdue for one. It's getting really long and shaggy and growing past the bra strap. Also, it's starting to tangle, which makes pulling it into a ponytail for the gym a pain in the ass. Time for a trim. Two inches? I go to James Joseph Studio, and my stylist Shannon is the best.


No comments: