Sunday, August 30, 2009

a super weekend

So! The last weekend!

Pretty much spent Saturday glued to the TV, watching the Kennedy funeral and the wall-to-wall over-coverage of the man, the politician, the legacy. Thought his son's eulogy of him was quite touching.

For dinner, both Kai and I had cravings for greasy bar food, so she suggested The Lower Depths, at Kenmore, for tater tots and burgers. So good. Maybe it's because I haven't had a burger in so long, but the steakburger was amazing. It was juicy, cooked medium, toasted bun, with habanero aoli. Mmmmmm. I guess it's known for the tater tots (crispy. yum.) and beer selection, but I was there for the burger. Apparently, Kai and her fiance are regulars there, and the bartenders knew her on sight! So we chatted with the bartenders -- which I have never ever done in my entire life -- it was fun!

Nothing too special today. Woke up at noon (I know), watched "Planet Earth" on TV, Facebook, newspapers, the New York Times wedding section, the newspaper magazines. Good stuffs.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!

No comments: