Saturday, August 27, 2005

Greenville/Greer

I start my drive to Greer, SC (city-data tells me it's the only one in the country). Google maps tells me it's going to take 4 hours. Yahoo! maps tells me it's going to be 3.5 hours. Mapquest, however, must be a road madman, as it tells me I can be there in 3 hours. All with the same directions. It took me about 3.5 hours.




As you can see from this Mapquest image, I basically took the legs of a triangle, with Columbia forming the angle. There is no easy way to get there without passing through Columbia.

I get there, and Andre, his girlfriend and I hang out. His friend Joe from high school joined. I suck at putt-putt (this is not news to me) and also at go-karting (again, old news) and pool (slightly worse than putt-putting). However, I do OK in air hockey. So there. :)

The four of us head to Greenville, about 15 or so minutes from Greer, and had sushi at this new sushi place downtown.

So it was a pretty good day.

Today, I went to the doctor (for the third time) to see about my cough -- you know, the one I've had for 3 years? And the decision was made to see a pulmonologist because allergy meds aren't working. I also got a cough suppressant prescription. I have to fill it soon. But really, this thing has been going on for no particular reason for 3 years -- is one weekend really going to do more damage? Hmm.

Tomorrow, I will write my first column ever. It will be about my experience with the French consulate in Atlanta. I hope I'm funny/entertaining and not bore people. Stay tuned.

No comments: