Monday, September 05, 2005

TV news

Was reading about why one Slate writer hates TV news. Hey, from my time at school having to learn the medium at the expense of my own major, I'm not exactly unbiased on this topic. In fact, I abhor TV news, but that's another entry in itself. I watch it because they have video. But. I don't watch Fox News.

Apart from the conservative bias, there is so much graphic, so much useless music and makeup and plastic surgeries(look at a before/after photo of Greta van Susteren), I don't know where they hide the old b-rolls and uninformative CGs (chyrons, supers).

Here she is. On the left is the pre-plastic surgery. On the right is the post-plastic surgery. And a side-by-side comparison.







Anyway, the article is an interesting read. I used to like watching TV news. : (

No comments: