Saturday, September 10, 2005

a mess

Sorry, guys, for the lack of real news or updates. My life is a chaotic mess right now and needs fixing. I think it's a combo of GRE and London anxiety and a lot of other shit. I literally hid under my desk for some solitude about 15 minutes ago... :*( My stomach is in knots... and I don't really know why. : (

At this exact time next week (Saturday, 3:32 a.m. eastern), I will be in London. There is a lot to think about and plan.

I don't cry often; in fact, I can't remember the last time I did, but during all this Katrina stuff over the past 2 weeks or so, I've been really angry. Now -- yesterday, today -- when I watch or read the news, all I feel is incredible sadness and utter hopelessness. I went to a quasi-job interview the other day, and the talk came to the self-preservation of copy editors and how we tend to have a passion outside of work because we need to. Well, I think I've found mine. I've always had a passion, but these few days made me feel that I should do something that really makes a contribution to others.

I want to be a Big Sister, but apparently they want you to be able to stay in one place -- impossible for college 3,000 miles away.

But I think when I get back to LA, I'm going to get on board with USC's Habitat for Humanity ... it feels right, for some reason....

No comments: