Tuesday, November 22, 2005

no good.

Well, it's 5 a.m., and I think I'm going to give in to the sleep fairy as I am apparently getting no work done. In fact, I have not written a word since I wrote "CRAZY" because my foggy mind couldn't think of a better word for whatever I wanted to write. So now the sentence reads: [deleted ... see above post].

I need to get back in the groove of writing papers on deadline ... or getting back in the swing of doing schoolwork, for that matter. This education system is not optimal for my work style. I need structure!

On another topic, for those of you who know about my eye problems -- i.e. the corneal scratch episodes -- I am here to tell you that it has returned. I must give Budapest my eternal gratefulness. If you're not aware of the corneal scratch episode, feel free to ask or to browse the archives. I am now wearing glasses, perhaps for awhile while my eye heals (again).

Sleeping for 3 hours, shower, class, write, class, write, write, write. No more procrastinating tomorrow. Paper due Wednesday. Ahhh.


picture of the day -- Stonehenge in daytime.

I took many photos of Stonehenge, but when it comes down to it, it's really just a circle of really old rocks. It's actually pretty surreal, though. You take the train from London to Salisbury, then the No. 3 bus to the site, and you ride over this hill, and just off-center to your left is Stonehenge, just sitting there, like it has been for thousands of years. English Heritage, which runs historical sites in Britain, has the whole process down pat for visitors. You get your tickets, go through the turnstile, get a FREE (it usually costs at other museums) audio guide, and from that moment on, they have your tour of the rocks practically down to the minute. It's really cheesy, but it's just amazing. They have numbered markers, roped off the henge, benches to sit on in case you get tired, etc. And then, of course, you wait for the sunset -- or, as close to sunset as you can without missing the last bus back to the train station -- and get the requisite sunset shot (that's to come). And then you stop by the gift shop, buy some postcards (which I mailed last night) and head back to the train station to catch the next train to London. It's all very efficient.

By the way, during my procrastination, I came upon this. It worries me. I don't know if I want to do that for the rest of my life. But then again, it'll be kinda fun ... in a sadistic, self-destructing kind of way.

No comments: