Friday, November 04, 2005

for lack of July 4th ...

Britain celebrates ....

GUY FAWKES DAY!

I mean, people need an excuse to shoot off fireworks and light bonfires, right?

And since practically everybody skipped town for reading week, Erika and I decided to attend a bonfire. There're bound to be several around town.

I mean, for an entire week, people have been shooting off industrial-strength, professional-grade, July 4th extravaganza type of fireworks. You know, the kind you picnic for, but these are just random people in the East End deciding to have fun for 3 hours at the expense of others' sanity.

***

On a funnier note, I recently finished transcribing the canal cookies narrative recording for my linguistics class. It took me 6 1/2 hours and another 2 hours to analyze the elements of it, but it is HILARIOUS. I want to post it here simply because it is so funny. Even though I was bone-tired (I started transcribing at midnight, dumb me), I was still cracking up as I was typing it out.

It's even funnier on tape, but I'm not sure if Blogger will let me do that.

1 comment:

BUMBLE!!! said...

Yeah, I gotta say, the Guy Fawkes fireworks were always classic.... One of the things that I miss about living in Britain (I was in Bury St. Edmunds for awhile after getting out of the Air Force (stationed at Bentwaters and Lakenheath (Suffolk County)))