Wednesday, September 09, 2009

trip to Los Angeles


There are a few times in my life when I make impromptu decisions and twice when I booked impromptu plane tickets. Once for Budapest (in November!), another for London last year and two weeks ago for Los Angeles. The wildfires broke out a few days after I bought the tickets, of course, but it was a trip that needed to be taken for the sake of my emotional sanity. Sometimes, I just need to leave Boston.

Regretfully, I did not blog over Labor Day weekend, as Christina and I were too busy stuffing our faces. So I will leave the chronicling of food to her. I stayed for a night with Amy at her place and got to have tacos al pastor and horchata from La Taquiza. It was fantastic and everything I dreamed it would be.


I also got to hang out with Christine and Edward on Saturday! Christine and I had afternoon tea at the Scarlet Tea Room in Pasadena on Christina's recommendation. Oh, man. It was so elegant and the sandwiches were divine. I don't know if I can gush properly about the heaven that is its strawberries romanoff. Christina and I then headed to eat proper tamales before meeting up with Christine and Edward for dinner at the Good Girl Dinette. It was great to see old friends!

On Sunday, had a greasy food fest with James -- and his girlfriend Tari, who is really nice. They're so cute together! Pastrami and onion rings. Yum. I don't think I remember the last time I had either, and it felt sort of great to fall off the wagon ... for the entire weekend ... because this weekend was nothing but food.

Oh, and beautiful Victorian homes in Angeleno Heights.



No comments: