Thursday, December 15, 2005

oh, god.

Being productive is getting harder and harder. Senioritis is kicking in even overseas. This is no good. No good at all.

I'm trying to write a 3,000-word paper on the importance of education in the Paston family, who kept extensive letters for about 50 years. The problem is, I really don't care. It counts for 80% of the course grade, and I need the grades to go to grad school in case admissions people want to look at the actual overseas transcripts, but I really just wish it'll all go away. Why did I keep this class? Why couldn't I take something incredibly easy? Or something with a more interesting professor? Or less annoying classmates? Or something that doesn't involve reading 15th century primary sources?

Tomorrow -- well, today -- I have to research, compile and write a paper on the use of intensifiers, details and community/contest in gender narratives for my linguistics class. It's actually due Jan. 9, but since I won't be in London, it needs to be done tomorrow, the last day of classes.

Then, I'm going to try and cram everything I still haven't done but meant to do in London and then pack, clean and go home. I'm going to miss London; I already know it. It's my kind of town, and not just because some quiz told me so. I feel like I belong. And that's gotta mean something, right?

When I get home, I have to write a statement of purpose for grad school, some essays for other grad schools and do other grad school application stuff. And then I have to revise the DT stylesheet so it would resemble something workable and comprehensible.

Doheny Memorial Library was misspelled in the old stylesheet.

I should go back to writing the enormous paper now. I wish I have the ability to write on the fly ... just type, and magic flows out. And type fast. My rate for paper-writing is about a page per hour, which means that I have six more hours to go, and that doesn't include revision/proofreading/printing.

So I am going to go back to writing now, and hope magic somehow happens. Soon, in 2 days, I will be free of classwork and can enjoy London for what might be the last time in a long time, stress-free. It's going to be a great feeling.

No comments: