Friday, December 16, 2005

finally ...

After weeks of "let's go ice skating," we go ice skating at the Tower of London Ice Rink. "We" being Sara, Erika, Matt, Chris, Jim and Aaron. It was great, considering that I haven't gone ice skating since either the fourth or sixth grade. I was never good. Well, I was never able to move with most proficiency. This time was no different. Except that Sara taught me the way it's supposed to be done, so I know the technique, if not the ability. Yay! Before, I also didn't know how to stop. I didn't really learn how to stop in roller skating either, and having never learned to rollerblade, you can see my troubles. But anyway, I only fell once! So that is good. My bum is going to hurt a lot tomorrow, but overall, it was an excellent time.

Later, we had dinner at Wagamama across the ice rink and then went back to Mile End.

Apart from the ice skating, however, I began my rampage across London and the UK to get everything I want to accomplish in London done. So today, I ventured beyond the Great Court and the reading room of the British Museum, which is across the way from Russell Square all this time, where Senate House Library is. All this time I've been hiking from Tottenham Court Road. Sigh. Anyway, I saw the Rosetta Stone, one of the Easter Island sculptures, a lot of Chinese jade (the largest collectio in the world outside of the China) and other fun things.

So it's a productive day, I would say. Not a bad start for the 22nd year. :)

No comments: