Sunday, December 10, 2006

the top 25

Copying James (and apparently Sara and J. Christina), I'm listing my iPod's top 25. Don't judge me.

1. Holiday (Green Day) -- only because I listened to it on loop during the entire flight from D.C. to London

2. Wake Me Up When September Ends (Green Day) -- I listened to this during my first month and a half in London

3. A Postcard to Henry Purcell (from "Pride and Prejudice") -- I listened to this for about a month in London

4. Out of Reach (from "Bridget Jones's Diary") -- again, London

5. Other Side of the World (K.T. Tunstall)

6. Cheers Darlin' (Damien Rice) -- again, listened to it in London

7. Mamma Mia (from "Mamma Mia!") -- bought in London after hearing it live in Budapest

8. All By Myself (from "Bridget Jones's Diary") -- sang to myself in my single room in London. sad, I know.

9. City of Blinding Lights (U2, from "Devil Wears Prada") -- the instrumentals are awesome

10. Miss Misery (Elliot Smith, from "Good Will Hunting") -- such a good much with such good songs

11. Hang On Little Tomato (Pink Martini) -- thanks, Steven!

12. Because of You (Kelly Clarkson) -- the only "American Idol" winner worth listening to

13. Somebody Told Me (The Killers) -- London

14. Boston (Augustana) -- my life right now

15. She (from "Notting Hill") -- listened to a bit in London

16. You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban) -- a great belt-it-out-in-your-room music

17. Moon River (Henry Mancini, from "Breakfast at Tiffany's") -- lovely, but I didn't like the movie, though

18. Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson)

19. Mamma Mia [Bonus] (from "Mamma Mia")

20. Like I Love You (Justin Timberlake) -- good song

21. Come What May (from "Moulin Rouge") -- again, a great singing song

22. City of Blinding Lights (U2, from "Devil Wears Prada") -- this one might be the one on my C drive

23. The Kids Aren't Alright (The Offspring) -- took me YEARS to figure out that this was the song that the USC marching band was playing all this time

24. Mr. Brightside (The Killers) -- again, London.

25. I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston) -- London, great singing song

So I listened to a lot of the songs in London ... walking, o the Tube, getting ready in the morning ... so a lot of the songs on the list reminds me of London. :)

No comments: