Saturday, December 23, 2006

the 200th

I went to New York last weekend ... On the way back, the bus's engine stalled, and we had to wait for a replacement bus to drive from New York ... to Conneticut. It took about an hour and a half. We got back to Boston REALLY late.

I am headed to The Miami Herald this summer for a copy-editing internship! :) I'm REALLY excited, especially because this is the first internship that I passed the test for and got an offer. It elevated my self-esteem a lot. Like, a lot. So, again, super-excited. I also got an offer from the Merc in San Jose, but logistically, Miami works about better ... and it's also a better paper. What worries me is that I don't know Spanish, and I wonder how that might affect me on the copy desk. Anyway. Coincidently, both the ACES conference and the AAJA conference this year are held in Miami (April and August, respectively), so no worries for transportation! Christina got an offer from the Palm Beach Post, but she's still mulling over it. COME TO FLORIDA, CHRISTINA! We can hang out!

I'm leaving for the airport in two hours to fly home for Christmas. My suitcase is full of books. No kidding .... if I hadn't had to bring home almost all my books, I can just do with two carry-ons and an empty suitcase, but as it stands now, I am going home with two carry-ons and a half-full suitcase because it's filled with books. I mean, two semester of books that includes one history class that required a book a week. You do the math.

I'm posting New York pictures soon. :)

No comments: