Sunday, December 31, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope Santa and brought you many good things and happy wishes and thoughts. I am writing to report that I have just finished what, I believe, is the fastest packing in my life. I don't know when I started, but I am pretty much done, except for computer and toiletries, which consist of toothbrush and floss in a Ziploc bag, which is already in the bathroom. It is MERELY 2:35 a.m. on the morning of takeoff. Usually, I'm still stuffing items, trying to make everything fit an hour before we leave the house.

My luggage is blissfully empty of stuff because I basically used it to lug my books home. I used my carry-on luggage to put all my clothes in, but I am going to check it at the counter. I bought all of Wal-Mart's Veet (not the ones that come with the weird spray thing) cold waxes because only Wal-Mart sells it, I've found. There places might, too, but Wal-Mart is the constant right now. I am bringing my Chucks and my black purse with lavender ribbon that I got in London. Some Chinese condiments from our pantry and random things. But that's it. :)

I get to celebrate New Year's Eve in Boston in my PJs with the TV and multi-network/-channel coverage. Then, I get to spend New Year's watching the Rose Bowl either from the comfort of my couch with a bowl of salsa and guacomole (homemade, of course) and chips and in my PJs or at Game On, where the USC alumni club in Boston holds its game-watchings. SUPER exciting.

FIGHT ON! And Happy New Years! :)

No comments: