Saturday, December 09, 2006

Christmas song and holiday cheer!

I have a love affair with Christmas songs. They make me happy. :) I like singing them even if it's not Christmas. "Silent Night" is the best. And "Christmas Song." And "I'll Be Home for Christmas." All-time favorites, all. Which makes it even MORE exciting that I have tickets to go see the Boston Pops HOLIDAY AT POPS concert on the 18th! :D It's so exciting. You have no idea. I grew up with this concert; I've watched it since I was in school and dreamed that one day I would get to see it in person. And now I am! I love Boston. :)

Boston is getting a little too cold for my comfort. It snowed on Monday. It didn't stick, though, but it accumulated a good inch on the ground for the most of the day. It flurried again on Friday, but not too much. Sorry about the lack of complex sentence structure; my brain is basically fried from writing papers and taking copy tests. Anyway, back to the weather. It's now consistently dipped below freezing, and the wind chill makes the temperature in the teens. Last night, when I checked online, it was 5 degrees out. It was so cold, my face almost froze. Brrrrr.

I am going shopping for a warm, winter hat today. And warmer shoes. And socks (I think). Definitely hats and shoes. It's really cold. I am considering getting a woolen face mask. It's cold. Brrrrrrr.

I've been purusing (perusing?) the L.L. Bean online catalog and put their large tote with zipper in my bag. I carry way too much crap in my messenger bag, and it's not working out.

Sorry about neglecting the blog. It's been a hectic few weeks, what with reading a massive load of history books, writing and stuff ... I'm basically done on Monday, so that's when I will rejoin civilization.

Just a quick note that I've been following the James Kim saga, along with the rest of the nation and world and found it depressing and sad, to say the least. I can't imagine going through what he went through and his motivation to find rescuers for his family. Part of the reason why my paper for my bilingualism class was late was because I kept reading news reports upon news reports of his death and his family's ordeal and it was saddens me even more.

On that note, I'm going to go wash some dishes and shower and head out for a terrific (and cold) winter shopping experience. With my maxed-out credit card. :)

No comments: