Saturday, May 27, 2006

wallowing in misery

I think I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket and then wish on a fountain. Maybe I can win enough money to pay for grad school. So I've been wallowing in my misery since I realized that YET another newspapers that is potentially interested in me is no longer because I can't work at night. This is seriously sad. I mean, the only job that I am actually really well trained for conflicts with the classes that will get me really well trained in another career -- with the main goal that I will do both in 2 years.

So maybe this lottery idea isn't so farfetched.

By the way, I saw "12 Angry Men" recently, and it's made me look at juries in a new way. You should watch it, too. It is a fantastic movie. The premise of the film is that one member of a 12-men jury in a murder trial convinces the other to consider all the evidence and witnesses before delivering their gut-verdict -- guilty. It's not really what happens in the film that matters, it's the characters in the film and the way the film is done that makes it superior. So I'm no film critic and, as my lack of reporting career as shown, I am also no writer, but this is an excellent movie that you should watch. Go rent it now. Add it to your Netflix queue. Go! :)

No comments: