Wednesday, March 08, 2006

weird day

Today's been interesting. It started with my freaking out a little bit about the history class and seriously contemplating dropping the class. Then I had the most amazing time with my new crop of Community Journalism students -- 8th graders! They's so much fun! We had a great time talking about college and USC and having three-day weekends everyday. :)

After the amazing group of students -- Lexine, Anna, Oscar and Oliver -- I went to pick up my official notification from the USC Rossier School of Education that I've been admitted to the MAT program. Yes! I've been admitted! I've been wanting to tell the world that, but without that piece of paper, I didn't want to risk it. Then I applied for grad housing because I stupidly did not do R3. What was I thinking?!

I went to the DT office to take a little nap, but Sophie called and asked if I've gotten a call from Greg. I said no, what happened? She said Greg's mom died. Yeah .... it's a little sudden, to say the least. I remember meeting her when we went to the Weekender sophomore year. She's not old at all -- she's just like most moms. And she's pretty cool. Sophie and I went to visit Greg, and Maryal had the same idea. We hung around and watched a little of "Dawson's Creek" before I left to go to budget.

It's just been a pretty glum day in general. I was cranky at DT and in a general sad and grumpy mood. Everybody ticked me off but in an attempt to try to be nice, I didn't say a word. But I'm back now, and I'm going to do a little preliminary research for public speaking tomorrow.

Maybe tomorrow will be better for everyone all around.

No comments: