Monday, January 16, 2006

so many movies

I recommend, if you are able to, to go see "After Innocence." It is the story of seven men who were falsely imprisoned, some to life sentences, some to death sentences, all spent years behind bars. The documentary tells their stories after their release, long after the journalists left. Their struggle to readjust to society, however, remain.

See "Brokeback Mountain." It is a beautiful, touching story about two gay cowboys in Wyoming and their love that lasts a lifetime and endures marriages, children and tragedy.

I wanted to read the book first, as I try to do for movies that are adapted from books, but after watching "Memoirs of a Geisha," I only wanted to read the novel more. Whether you will agree with the culture of geishas, it is a touching story, and I am certain that the book won't disappoint.

***

Today, I went to Goodwill and bought a few pieces of old furniture for my sculpture class. Whatever I don't destroy in my quest to portray innocence, I will use in my very empty apartment. I also bought supplies for the class with Amy. I have a yellow toolbox! And a hammer! And pliers!

***

So this is definitely not my most eloquent entry ever (not that others were especially brilliant). Anyway, I am watching the Golden Globes whilst reading about the Constitution and the First Amendment.

No comments: