Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Bush Push

As football season rolls around the corner, I am reminded of the most exciting game of the 2005 season, when I was in London, on my way back from Budapest, in a train from Kentish Town, unable to join the London alumni. But the Bush Push, as it was called, was nerve-racking even today, when I found it and watched it (again) on YouTube. Fight on!

A little background, if you need it: Reggie Bush is No. 5, Matt Leinart is No. 11. The score sits at 28-31, Notre Dame. A previous attempt for a touchdown was foiled. The clock ran out, but :07 was put back on. Fourth and goal.

BELOW: I like this one the best because it doesn't have the stupid music, just the NBC commentary, which also includes the confusion of the last seconds. Plus, the picture quality is way better.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MU16fpue4]

BELOW: But if cheesy music is your thing, you might enjoy this one set to music, with no commentary. I have no idea why this one is the top search result on YouTube.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3KeMA21bc]

No comments: