Thursday, August 16, 2007

Boston for the weekend

I went to Boston over the weekend to take care of some housekeeping business and accepted a job to teach Mandarin Chinese at the private school where I used to work. It will be two hours a week of fun -- singing, arts and crafts, speaking, writing and general elementary-school stuff. Very excited. Very nervous. This is probably the first time I will "have" my "own" class. And a little scary. What am I going to teach them?

I also had a jaunt to Chinatown, where I ate my longed-for smelly tofu, the fermented, spicy, saucy tofu goodness. Stopped by Mike's Pastry for some baked goods for the Herald peeps. All is well.

Also saw "The Bourne Ultimatum," which is awesome, even though I haven't seen the first two of the franchise. Action-packed, funny and generally a great time at the movies. :)

My flight back to Miami is on a flight that stops in Philadelphia but has the same flight number, and THAT adventure will have to wait until the next post.

No comments: