Wednesday, November 08, 2006

my apartment is really hot

and I am sweating. I just opened my window in hopes that the cold outdoors would slowly filter in.

I am supposed to be writing a short summary of my hugely huge paper-presentation, but I am dawdling instead.

Recently, I've been feeling a bit blue about teachers. Not the teaching profession, mind you, but the people who educate and disseminate information to kids. How do you respond when a teacher tells you on Friday that she didn't know the voting age was lowered to 18 in a Consititutional amendment? What do you respond when teachers mispronounce simple words such as drawing (draw-ring) and frustrated (fuh-strated)? I am at a loss and feel so alone. :(

Now that I'm depressed, I'm going to go researching stuff about literacy in the second language. Should be loads of fun.

No comments: