Saturday, June 17, 2006

T-minus one week

Hellooooo!

Sorry about the non-writing. I've been busy procrastinating. I've been watching a lot of "House, M.D." In fact, I've finished the entire first season on DVD .... repeatedly (you know me....).

I've been reading quite a lot, too, but have not finished a book recently ... I'm in the middle of many books. Right now in the pile beside my bed is "The Jane Austen Book Club" (for the second time ... mine is red), "Shakespeare of London" (for the umpteenth time) and "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter" (new acquisition ... and am NOT pleased that it is an Oprah Book Club selection. I did NOT choose it because she said so. I do NOT support the Oprah Book Club). The last one is written by Carson McCullers, who wrote "The Member of the Wedding," which I read an excerpt of in high school. But I heard about this book from a list that has the top 50 (100? 10?) most famous first lines of novels in the world. "Moby Dick" reigns over the list, and "Pride and Prejudice" is second. Also on the list: "Tale of Two Cities" and a Mark Twain and a couple of John Steinbecks.

I leave for Boston in exactly one week, so I am spending this week cleaning my room and packing for the journey. This is getting very exciting. :)

No comments: