Monday, June 26, 2006

no more wondering/waiting

because I'm in Boston! I got in Saturday afternoon, so I got to miss the deluge that was (apparently) Friday. I went to the Prudential Center that night as a way to explore the T -- and what adventure THAT was! I was mildly confused for a little while.

On Sunday, I went on a hunt for a grocery store that is accessible by T and was very successful because the Shaw's (owned by Albertson's) was AMAZING. They have deli/ready-made food/bakery/sushi (!) on an ENTIRE side of the store, food and seafood on another entire side and the produce on the third. It was pretty awesome. They also have an entire section (multiple aisles, complete with its own hardwood floors) devoted to organic/natural foods and an aisle just for international cuisine. It's so clean and refreshing and wonderful.

I also found the CVS, which came in handy because I couldn't find a pad of graph paper and don't know where I put the one I had leftover from L.A. I also found TJMaxx, where I bought a bath rug because I hate getting out of the shower and stepping onto bare tile. It's the worst feeling.

I'm pretty sure BC put the summer students in one of the older dorms because this school has A LOT of new res halls. But it made more sense when I came back from grocery shopping on Sunday that there were a lot of parents and teenagers milling around with BC bookstore bags .... ah, freshmen orientation. Of course, they had to put the new students in the good dorms. All schools do it. They've gotta impress the parents! :) But when you think about it, why try to impress them? They've already paid the deposit (BC asks for a deposit), so these families are already financially committed to this school, and their children have probably rejected everywhere else. Anyway, thought it was interesting that colleges are still wooing the already-wooed.

Today, I went job-hunting. It was no fun. Now I am tired. My feet hurt. And I feel gross because it was really hot today. And I found a Trader Joe's. woohoo.

No comments: