Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back to London (or London 2008) post 1

So, on a whim, I bought plane tickets to London. Now, let me qualify. There wasn't a need to "get away" from "someone." Or "something." Recently, I've been feeling claustrophobic. I needed to get out of the country. Fulfill my wanderlust and see what's out there. So Montreal happened. But even after booking Montreal hotel rooms, I still felt restless. I began to look for plane tickets. Anywhere that I would be able to make a case to the parents, even though they did say (when I finally told them about said wanderlust) that I'm too old for them to tell me what to do. (YES! dance with joy. There IS life out there.)

I had in mind a few places. A cruise, perhaps, to the Bahamas? Sydney, Australia? New Zealand? In the end, I checked prices for a cruise (nothing. well, it IS the winter) and Sydney ($3,000 for just the flight! well, it is summer there.) I also checked flights for London. I've been wanting to return, and if the price is right, it seems like this might be as good a time as any. It's not bad. I found plane tickets on Virgin Atlantic on Student Universe for less than what I paid two and a half years ago, and back then, I bought those tickets literally three months in advance. This time, I got it a week and a half before the flight. So it's really happening. Hotel costs actually isn't bad at all. I found a hotel from STA Travel that, for two nights, costs less than what some hotels charge for one. So I will leave Boston on Feb. 19, arrive in London at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday and leave London around 2:40 on Friday.

No comments: