Monday, December 31, 2007

let's review! resolutions 2006!

So I was reading these resolutions, and I found it hard to believe that I actually wrote them. The prose doesn't sound like mine, yet these all make sense, so a little gnome hadn't been writing it for me. So there you go. Let's do a quick review, shall we?

1.
Eat more vegetables.
OK. This happened. Kinda.
2. To aid the first resolution, I bought a cookbook so I can make new foods.
I don't know what cookbook that was. But I do have another one, and I've been trying things out of that.
3. Write papers and finish projects AT LEAST one day in advance.
PFFFFT. Yeah, right.
4. Shred all papers with sensitive information.
Yup. Although I probably don't do it as often as I should.
5. As a result of No. 3, I will get better grades.
eh. the spring semester was good, but the fall was just OK.
6. Learn how to vibrato on my cello.
That kinda happened. I played "Allegro" on my cello with vibrato at the spring concert, but my new cello teacher and I didn't continue with that.
7. Play a real piece on the cello.
I'm on my way. Almost done with Suzuki Book 1!
8. Motivate thyself to do as you plan. For example, tonight, because of my crappy day, I just wanted to go home and sleep. What did I do? I checked the news, replied to e-mail, made guacamole and called James. And decided to write my resolutions after reading Albert's on Facebook, the death knell to all tasks productive.
Yeah ... I still get depressed and decide to sleep it off or something similar.
9. Pass the MTEL.
I actually completely forgot about the MTEL until this fall. So it obviously didn't happen.
10. Pass other qualifying exams needed to get out of grad school by next spring other than the inquiry paper.
I trained for the MELA-O, but I don't have the results of my exam yet.

No comments: