Tuesday, September 12, 2006

what have I done?

I have so much reading to do, it's a little hard to comprehend. My goal this semester is not to procrastinate and actually do work in a timely manner, like Mrs. Chapman (MOMC) used to admonish us in high school.

The internship is going pretty well, I think. The kids are cute, and you can already tell which ones are going to be obnoxious when they grow up and which ones are going to be the preppy ones. It's amazing to me. They're in the third grade! For their morning work, they had to do a couple of math problems and correct some sentences, and last Friday's had a question that they had to write an "addition fact" with the answer 6. This kid wrote down -6 + 12. I asked him later how he knew it added to 6, and he said he just knew. Wow. He isn't very good at speaking and reading, but it just amazed me.

Anyway, I'm going to some reading for class tomorrow.

No comments: