Monday, February 01, 2010

how lucky.

I've been thinking about what has happened in the last few months, since school has begun, and I feel really lucky.

I teach a group of students who are funny, non-judgmental, and not yet jaded about school. They frustrate me sometimes with their immaturity, but most days, they make me smile. I'm also dating a guy who reminds me that guys can be nice and caring and not callous. But -- and James will get exasperated at me for this -- I am still a little cautious about where this is all leading.

It's been three and a half years since I moved to Boston, and I'm still trying to make permanent friends, but I know I have two people in this town of already-settled friendship circles whom I can count on.

So, just warm thoughts on a random Monday morning before I finish grading. :)

1 comment:

J. Christina Huh said...

I get the feeling you haven't talked to the guy about what we talked about...