Saturday, July 25, 2009

six pies for dad!


Dad loved my pies and requested more for upcoming breakfasts and snacks! So I made six pies, one to eat and five to freeze for later. Three blueberry/strawberry and three blueberry/strawberry/peach. Hope pies freeze well ... Pics!

This one is the blueberry/strawberry/peach. See the chunk of peace sticking out? I changed brands of pie crust this time -- Pillsbury (cheaper) -- but am not sure if I like it. One of the crust dough was already separated between the bottom and the sides.

The six pies! Left, the ones with peach. More golden brown this time. Figured out that I needed to take the foil/rice out of the pies and continue baking until golden brown. Also, the Pillsbury doesn't smell as good coming out of the oven as the Mrs. Smith.

No comments: