Tuesday, January 02, 2007

resolutions

Since I am feeling generally crappy about my day, my life and me, I am going to post my New Year's resolutions so I can further feel crappy. Let me just say briefly that my day was AWESOME until my mother called to yell at me for no apparent reason. I live to be her sounding board ... about me. Anyway, let's move on, shall we?

1. Eat more vegetables.
2. To aid the first resolution, I bought a cookbook so I can make new foods.
3. Write papers and finish projects AT LEAST one day in advance.
4. Shred all papers with sensitive information.
5. As a result of No. 3, I will get better grades.
6. Learn how to vibrato on my cello.
7. Play a real piece on the cello.
8. Motivate thyself to do as you plan. For example, tonight, because of my crappy day, I just wanted to go home and sleep. What did I do? I checked the news, replied to e-mail, made guacamole and called James. And decided to write my resolutions after reading Albert's on Facebook, the death knell to all tasks productive.
9. Pass the MTEL.
10. Pass other qualifying exams needed to get out of grad school by next spring other than the inquiry paper.

So those 10 will make me a better person and a better student. Let's go, 2007!

No comments: